Sunday 1 January 2023

The Peacock 745

 This is all going seamlessly.  We are all having fun sitting around to chat and gossip while waiting our turn, and Amanda, as well as Tommy, Carrie and Carlos have definitely added to our little group.

I have just returned from my shot.  Up close, I find Naomi very pleasant, calm, and kind.  Not especially outgoing, but certainly friendly, a woman with a quiet and competent presence.

"So, Amanda", says Tommy.  "Is the church leaving you alone these days?"

"Covid has dampened their ardour", she replies.  "No one has held any protests since last year, thank God."

"They want you to close your shop?" says Carol.

"There is a bit of history there", she replies.  "I am their lost sheep that they want to restore in full repentance to the fold."

"Ewe", says Carlos, as he gets up to get his injection.

"Ewe don't say!" says Amanda laughing.  I am finding myself liking her more and more.  

"Naomi appears at the doorway and says, "Carlos and Melissa, could you both come in together please..."

No comments:

Post a Comment