Friday 20 January 2023

The Peacock 764

 "We can also buy them at London Drugs", say I.  "Have you ever had them?"

"Can't say I have", says Carl.  "But you say they're licorice.  Hey, I'm Dutch, we practically invented thst stuff."

"Licorice Allsorts are awfully sweet by Dutch standards", says Jennifer.  "That's why I don't care for them especially, but see if you can find some anyway, because I do love being reminded of my Nana.

"You're nana must have been awfully sweet", says Carl.  

"But aren't all grandmas", she says.

"You never knew ours", he says.  And I mean both of 'em  Two very distinct pieces of work."

"You didn't like them much?" says Adam, who now appears to be paying rapt attention from their end of the table."

"Hey, they raised my mom and dad, sort of, so whenever I get mad at my parents I simply think of how they grew up and already I'm ready to forgive them...

No comments:

Post a Comment