Thursday 19 January 2023

The Peacock 763

 "You guys", says Tommy, "You just keep get more and more interesting."

"We are rather a bag of allsorts, aren't we?" says Jennifer.

"You mean licorice allsorts?" says Matthew suddenly.

"Oh, so you are paying attention", says Carl, smiling.

"They used to be Barney's favourite."

"Barney?" says Amanda, who appears to be chronically curious about almost everything.

"He was my partner back in the day.  You were still just a little girl when we met."

"Oh", she says, "Around when the wheel was invented."

"My grandma also loved them", says Jennifer.  "She used to always bring them with her on visits.  I can't say I was that crazy about them myself, except that they always remind me of grandma.  But they seem awful hard to find these days, licorice allsorts."

"Hey", says Carl, "When Chris and I are in Vancouver tomorrow we'll look for them in Costco.  We have a membership..."

No comments:

Post a Comment