Saturday 21 January 2023

The Peacock 765

 "Hey is there a story there", say I.

"That's my line", says Carl with a smile  "And yes there is a story there.  Hoo Boy, is there ever a story there, a whole series of cheap pulp fiction trashy novels there."

"They must have been pretty scandalous, your grandmothers", says Jennifer.

"That would be putting it kindly."

"Are they still with us?" says Francois.

"They've both passed on, Grandma Van  Coevorden to the great formal etiquette lecture hall in the sky, and Grandma Ritter to the great surrealist cabaret in the sky.

"This sounds interesting", says Tommy, who clearly would rather hang out with us than work right now.

"Were you close?" says Sarah.

"I'm not sure if close is the word.  With my paternal grandmother we simply coped and suffered.  Grandma Ritter herself was lots of fun.  When she wasn't being dangerous, that is.

"There is a story there", say I, suddenly laughing...

No comments:

Post a Comment