Saturday 4 February 2023

The Peacock 779

 "I find it amazing", says Francois, "That that pastor would call you a racist.  You and I have both lived in the same house the last going on two years and if you had even one racist bone in your body I would have detected it   That woman is clearly a nutcase."

"Well", says Sarah, "She is clearly misguided like so many church ministers these days."

"It would seem to me that she got past the screening committee more on the basis of being a woman, a woman of colour,. and queer, than for having any real vocation or calling from God", says Michael.  "Total lame ass political correctness with a very thin Christian veneer.

"I would find that hard to say one way or the other ", says Jennifer.

"And by the way", says George, "Being myself a person of colour, I fully concur with what Francois just said."

"Thank you", says Jennifer.

"But what about your son?" says Carl.

"This is where it gets complicated.  My husband, and I call him my husband only because we still haven't gone through legal divorce proceedings, was quite wealthy, having done very well with a tech start up that he heads.  This was just after we began dating in university when I was studying library sciences   Oh, he was a charmer, and being African, just so exotic.  Sorry, Francois, and George, but I guess that isn't very appropriate."

"Don't worry about it it", says George, "I find white people exotic, isn't that right Jeffy?" he says playfully to his partner.  "What about you, Francois?"

"I just find you guys kind of strange.  Pretty bland and self-important, if you ask me."

"I resemble that remark", says Carl, and we are all suddenly laughing with him....

No comments:

Post a Comment