Sunday 19 February 2023

The Peacock 794

 Jason", says Lazarus.  "I happen to know for a fact that you have not been a well man.  You could not have been faking everything."

"And I wasn't, Sable, at least not everything.  It is true, I haven't been well.  And at times I did lose consciousness, following my flights of fantasy.  But I do owe you one little confession.  When I was really sick, and I saw how much care and love you poured out on me in order to support me through everything, well, I did not want to lose you.  You are the first, and I think only person in the world, who has ever loved me unconditionally.  You are the only man who has loved me without expecting me to have sex with him in return, which is to say, dear Sable, that you are the only man who has ever loved me."

"Jason, I don't really know how to  answer that.  But you have never made any demands of me either.  I can't begin to tell you how fortunate I have felt knowing you.  Nothing has changed."  

"Except that now you both have an audience", says Michael.  "Lazarus, have you always known Adam as Jason?"

"Since the very beginning.  It was our secret.  We are both guilty..."

No comments:

Post a Comment