Sunday 26 February 2023

The Peacock 801

 It was just a skiff with an outboard motor.  I could hardly see the guy operating it.  He was wearing a hoody that also obscured his face.  He gestured at me to get on board.  I didn't feel I had any choice but to obey, so we went on this short boat ride, maybe half an hour an we docked on the beach of this island.  It was totally dark, but he pointed to me a clearing with a path going uphill.  I felt I had no option but to go.  So I climbed for maybe another half hour or so.  It was steep in places, and very dark, and I stumbled a few times, partly because I was still rather drunk.  I came out onto another clearing, and noticed there were lights on somewhere and then I saw it.  A mansion, somewhat bigger and grander than the one we are living in here.  There was a pool with a fountain.  I could just barely make out the pillar with the waterspout in the form of  gothic medieval gargoyle, and water was trickling from its mouth.  I felt strongly inclined to dip my hand into the pool and drink some of the water.  It did taste cool and very fresh.  I know now, that that was when I lost my memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment