Tuesday 21 February 2023

The Peacock 796

 "What do you mean, not exactly."

"I was in a dazed and disoriented state", says Adam.  "Chris from the community rescued me from the beach and brought me back with him.  And I haven't lied about anything else.  I was also in a very heightened state, and the presence of God was very real for me at that time.. And I did honestly believe at the time that my name was Adam, and that my mother was a prima ballerina with the Kírov, and we escaped to London where I was raised and educated.  My Shakespearian training taught me very well how to fake it, except at the time I didn't believe I was faking it.  It was all a muddle.  But it got you here with us, Matthew and there could have been for you worse outcomes."

"And better", he replies, "but on the whole, I am grateful for having landed here."

No comments:

Post a Comment