Thursday 9 February 2023

The Peacock 784

"Jen!", chimes Michael.  "I never knew you had it in you."

"You don't want to know what I have in me."

"Jen, you are so gentle", says Sarah, clutching her shoulder.  "You actually put your husband in hospital!"

"I deflected his fist when he tried to plow me in the face and then I just let him have it.  Till then, I just took the blows.  He never hit hard, nor repeatedly, just enough to assert his fragile African masculinity.  Sorry Francois."

"You speak rheams of truth, Jennifer", he quips.

"I couldn't take any more."

"but the way you stood up to your stepfather", says Sarah.

"That too. I was just sick and tired of years of racist comments from him.  I think we would have stuck  around had Elias been willing, but he wasn't, and even that early he wanted to assert his dominance."

No comments:

Post a Comment