Friday 24 February 2023

The Peacock 799

 My first question about Jason right now is, is he simply staging this.  Being dramatic.  Getting to be centre stage as is his wont.  This time it is hard to say.  He is noticeably pale, his eyes wide and frightened.  He appears to be seeing something as though for the very first time, and it also appears to be scaring the crap out of him.

"What is it, Adam?" says Carl in a voice that clearly cares very deeply.

He appears to be crying and, yes, there are tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Oh my god", he keeps saying, shaking his head over and over, "Oh my god...oh my god...oh my god....

"Jason, what is it, please", says Lazarus, his hand on his upper back.  "You can tell us.  You can tell me." His voice is very soft and low, as though soothing a hurt and frightened child.

Jason struggles to compose himself, then gasps in a barely audible croak, "I remember now.  I remember.  I remember everything that happened.  Oh my god, this is going to be hard."

""You don't have to tell us right now", says Carl, "Not if you don't feel ready or up to it."

"I have to tell you.  Now.  Right now.  Everything.  I have to tell you everything..."

No comments:

Post a Comment