Monday 6 February 2023

The Peacock 781

 Two months later, following I cannot describe how much anguish, worry and heartache, I got an email from Elias' lawyer.  The deal was, provided that I stay away from the police, the media and all legal recourse, I would be sent a substantial sum of money every month.  Not wanting any more complications, as well as having bills and debts to pay, I agreed.  The other proviso was that I was not in any way shape or form to seek contact with Elias or John.  I had only been informed that they were in Ghana and that I would receive an update once a year, from Elias' secretary, and nothing else.  So, once a year, just after John's birthday, I would receive one or two paragraphs, simply describing John's studies in school and his academic achievements.  Nothing else.  Then just a couple of months ago, the unimaginable happened.  I got a personal email from Elias' secretary  he had just been dismissed and partly from revenge, partly from guilt and also pity, he sent me my son's contact information.  I wrote to him immediately.  Two weeks later I got an email from him.  A warm and loving email from my son", and now she has to stop, can no longer compose herself and is openly weeping....

No comments:

Post a Comment