Monday 13 February 2023

The Peacock 788

 "Apollo, I would imagine."

"More like Hades."

"Who?"

"God of death and the underworld.  Quite a piece of work."

"And you, Amanda", says Carl, "Would be Aphrodite, the goddess of love."

"That is the name of my store, after all", she says, smiling.

"Did they ever meet?" says Michael, "Aphrodite and Hades, I mean."

"Let me look on my phone", says Carl.  After scrolling for a few seconds, he says, "They were siblings.  And Aphrodite, just to best her big brother, put a love spell on him.  She thought he was lonely down there in hell, and was really the farthest you could imagine from being a chick magnet.  So, he fell ass over teapot in love with none other than the lovely daughter of the earth and harvest goddess, Demeter.  He was in a perpetual swoon over the lovely Persephone, and he was hellbound, pardon the pun, to get under her tunic."

Looking up at the others, Carl says, "Hey, by the way, I know the whole story and it's quite the mythic soap opera.  Let's all listen-up, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment