Monday 20 February 2023

The Peacock 795

 Nobody seems to know what to do with this new information.  I decide to try to prolong the conversation, if only to help the others feel a little more comfortable.

"By the way", say I, "You were a fabulous Romeo."

"Thank you.  We did get good reviews."

"Why didn't you stay in acting?"

"It got to be too much, emotionally and psychologically.  You see, I did method acting rather too well, and often completely lost my identity in the character I was playing.  For me, as Romeo, it was particularly dangerous, because I am queer and Romeo is not, and in high school I had several girlfriends in order to cope and stay hidden, and that was not a good idea either because it really messed with my identity.  Anyway, after the show closed, I had multiple triggers, then went to Victoria where I went on a week long debauch with a bunch of gay actors."

"And that was when you found yourself waking up on the beach a couple of weeks later with those Faberge eggs?" says Matthew.

"Exactly."

"And you were just acting the part then when you came into my shop with those eggs?"

"Not exactly..."

No comments:

Post a Comment