Monday 24 July 2023

948

 The RCMP never suspected us, and for some reason, even with tracking dogs, were unable to locate the body  and we were already back in Amsterdam before this thing hit the news.  They never found us out."

To say I am gobsmacked would be an understatement.  But I have to ask this question.  "Have you told your mother?"

"She is never going to find out."

"What did you do with the weapon, you said I think it was a shotgun.  Surely you must have buried it with him."

Now Carl is quiet, suddenly, and the only sound right now is the sonorous croaking of an overhead raven.  Cearly an omen.

"There was no shotgun", Carl says suddenly.

"I beg your pardon?"

"We didn't do it.  Melissa and me.  We didn't shoot our father.  But yes, Chris, I made up the part about the suicide.  Our father was shot to death, but not by himself, and not by his own kids.  I am truly sorry for lying to you about this  We think it might have been either that blonde guy that might have been Lindstrom, or maybe that other guy who visited him just the night before and got into an argument with him.  We didn't hear everything, but this guy, he spoke in an accent, maybe Italian or Spanish, I can't remember, but he did say one thing to our dad that still rings in my ears.  He said that if you don't shut up about it then you had better be prepared for the consequences.  And there will be consequences...


No comments:

Post a Comment