Thursday 27 July 2023

The Peacock 951

 Francois is sprawled on the living room couch with his laptop.  He has heard us come in and looks up with a rather perplexed expression on his face.

"Where'd you guys get to?" he asks, almost demands.

"Chris just took me on a hike in the forest.  Beautiful place", says Carl.  "and the little spoilsport refuses to take me to Wreck Beach."

"Where?"

"It's Vancouver's infamous clothing optional beach", say I, slipping off my running shoes.

"Nude beach", Carl corrects.

"And why  would you want to go there?" says Francois.

"Go figure, Sherlock.  Oh, that's right.  You're a priest."

"Was a priest", rebuts Francois.  We both take our seats in the armchairs

"How goes the job search", say I.

"Slow start.  Very slow.  Could be a few weeks before I land an interview."

"What are you looking for?" says Carl.

"Mental health worker.  Community."

"Starbucks might be hiring."

"Joke", says Francois. "Ha-ha."

"Shall we have lunch?" says I.

"I just had a peanut butter and jam sandwich", says Francois.  I left the stuff on the counter if you guys are hungry."

"Thanks", say I.  "I think I will.  "Carl?"

"Sure", he says, getting up.

"No, stay where you are.  I'll make them and we can sit out here with Francois."

"As you both ought".says he, and now I can tell he is a bit miffed that we went off without him.  Though he did want to stay here for his job search.  Sheesh!


No comments:

Post a Comment