Friday 28 July 2023

The Peacock 952

 "So", says Carl between mouthfuls of sandwich.  "Cynthia wants to meet us in the next hour or so, so we should get ready to go pretty soon."

"Cynthia?" says Francois.

"That cousin of mine several times removed.  She wants to talk with me about my family history."

"Could be interesting", Francois says, now looking up from his computer. "Where does she want to see us?"

"She mentioned a coffee shop in the Downtown Eastside, corner of Hastings and Cambie.  Coming?"

"Yeah, I guess I could join you.  But would I be welcome."

"You lived in my house for the past year or so.  It's affected all of us.  You are entitled to know these things, Francois."

"Glad to know I'm entitled", he says, laughing.  "you said she works with survival sex workers."

"Something like that."

"Do you plan on sharing with her your resume?"

I can tell Carl finds this comment neither funny nor pertinent, but decides to let it pass...

"No need to worry, Brother Carl, No one but you is going to volunteer any of your personal information."

"And for saying that, Father Francois, you are not far from the kingdom of heaven."

No comments:

Post a Comment