Friday 14 July 2023

The Peacock 938

 The forest isn't far from here, just one block.  I appreciate now more than ever how spoiled I have been growing up in this neighbourhood.  Francois has stayed behind at the house to inaugurate his job search. Carl and I step onto the forest trail leaving the houses behind.  Everything is vibrant with the fresh green of spring.  We appear, for a while anyway, to be the only humans present.  There is a racket of singing birds, and now a raven is calling from somewhere overhead.

"I didn't know there are ravens in the city", he says.

"Eagles too.  And Canada geese.  They're everywhere."

"You seem to know these trails rather well."

"I've been walking them since I was a kid."

"What is your take on our visitors this morning"

"I should ask the same of you, given your past with Deacon Jenkins."

"Oh, that too", says Carl, "That too.."

No comments:

Post a Comment