Monday 17 July 2023

The Peacock 941

 "They weren't as hardline as some conservative Christians, and I think Father Griffin had an influence there.  He did really a very deft job of striking a healthy balance between repentance and self-acceptance.  He counselled us not to forbid homosexuals, and even to open our minds a bit about same sex marriages, though we didn't really move very far beyond don't ask, dont tell."

"How did that impact you?"

"I wanted to completely retreat from my sexual identity.  I was resolved to be a good Christian boy, squeaky clean and wholesome as all get-out.  I even got me a girlfriend, Katrina, who became my fiancee.  We never slept together, and she quickly caught onto my game and dumped me like a bag of shit."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"I'm not.  She saved us both from living together what would have been a very sad and pathetic lie."

"Did you find yourself a boyfriend instead?"

"I never found anybody.  Three years of selling my teenage body along the canals of Amsterdam did more to put me off sex than all the horror stories about the clap combined."

"And so you became celibate?"

"Asexual.  You and I are a lot more alike than you realise, dear Christopher."

No comments:

Post a Comment