Wednesday 5 July 2023

The Peacock 929

 Say I, "I distinctly remember my father telling me that the archdiocese of Uganda is no longer in contact with us because of the controversy over homosexuality."

"Oh yes", says the deacon, "Your father,  he was a very dedicated priest.  So sad he's gone, Christopher, very sorry for your loss."

"Thank you."  I am still not sure if Drew and I have ever met before, but I do remember my father mentioning him several times.  Usually not very favorably.  I am going to let it slide.

"we have been doing some homework", says Karen.  "it turns out he used some rather convenient parties in Uganda to help him connect with this diocese.  He claimed that he wanted an Anglicanism that was a little more liberal and open minded.  However, it also turns out that not only is he every bit as bigoted and hateful as his friends in Uganda," and here she is drawing a sharp breath, "but that it is also highly possible that he has absolutely no legitimacy as an ordinand."

"You mean, he faked it", says Carl.

"His credentials are bogus", says Drew.  "Everything was forged.  "It turns out he simply wanted an easy route to start a new life here.  He had been proprietor of a shoe business in Entebbe that went bankrupt..."

No comments:

Post a Comment