Saturday 1 July 2023

The Peacock 925

 We have all been wearing medical masks since our guests' arrival.  As we get ready to file in for breakfast I ask, "Would people be more comfortable if we have breakfast on the deck outside.  Better air circulation and all."

"I would like that very much, if it isn't too much trouble", says Karen Wilson.

"Has everyone here been vaccinated?" says Francois as he goes into the kitchen.

"I was just given the jab last week", says the deacon.

"Ten days ago", says the priest.

"We were all vaccinated just this Saturday", says Carl as we arrange everything buffet style rather than setting the table.

"Aren't you all rather young?" says the deacon.

"There would be an age range of almost twenty years between us", says Carl, scooping scrambled eggs with cheese on his plate alongside two slices of French toast.

"I thought you were all around thirty or slightly more", says the priest, placing pineapple chunks, with banana and mango onto her plate.

"I'm forty-four", say I.

"I'm thirty-nine says Carl"

"Twenty-six", says Francois.  "Your turn", he says to our guests, bearly suppressing a grin.,

No comments:

Post a Comment