Wednesday 4 August 2021

242

 "Kenny never went that far."

"Was Kenny a trans?" asks Carl.

"You mean a..."

"Was Kenny transexual?"

"I still don't know the answer to that one", say I, suddenly wondering just where this conversation might be going.  "How about Stella?"

"We have to remember that that was back during the nineties and we still didn't have much of a vocabulary for that sort of thing.  But I think today her answer would still be the same.  She would simply say, "I am Stella.  but let's have another page from Kenny's diary, shall we?"

"January 19, 1992.  This is my first entry since Boxing Day.  I don't think I can make writing in this thing a daily discipline but I could still give it a try, I guess.  My, how quickly one settles into a domestic routine.  I haven't found a job yet, but I am looking.  Trouble is, I don't know what to do.  Everybody wants experience, and I haven't had a lot of experience outside of servicing men.  I do have all kinds of transferrable skills, especially in pr.  But tell a legitimate employer that you learned everything while sucking cocks for a living and they are sure to lose your resume.  Fast. John has told me such, not to sweat it too much and that he might also know someone who might want to hire me.  It's part time work in a florist shop.  I have had some experience there, not a lot, and it was a long time ago, but right now, Harriet, it's beggars can't be choosers.  And I do want to be a good role model for Christopher, because he's just fifteen, and I don't want to taint him with any of my previous life.  The kid is such an innocent, and around me, an innocent he will remain..."



No comments:

Post a Comment