Thursday 19 August 2021

The Peacock 360

 An email from Erik:

"Hi Christopher.  I have finished the last of my classes and now I am getting ready to come see you.  I have been thinking about our conversation on Skype yesterday, and I think you could be right.  About the racism, I mean.  This is something so hard for many Swedes to face.  We like to portray ourselves as the vanguard of progressive values in Europe and I don't think a lot of us really know what hypocrites we are.  Curiously, I got a text from Mehmet shortly after our conversation, and he was complaining bitterly about the way he gets treated every day.  And there is no obvious racism like they have in America, but it is there I'm sure.  Subtle.  And I am also guilty.  What makes us really bad is, here we all support and endorse Black Lives Matter over there, but only because we really believe we are better than the rest of you.  Anyway, that's all I'll bother you with for now.  It is 8 am, and I only just woke up a few minutes ago and really need to take a shower.  Talk soon  Saturday, Skype, right?"

hug

Erik


How nice and strange to get a text hug from my former brother-in-law and just at bedtime.  I wonder if he will come out here to see me.  I might stay here for quite a while if I can and just maybe let him have the apartment.  But I do want to stay with him.  

So funny, tucking Carl in bed like he's a little kid.  And he is a little kid.  A big happy child.  Very beautiful man, but I can't say I desire him .  Too much like a child  Too much like a brother.  I think I have fallen in love with him.

It is so quiet now, and I have to get to sleep.  I only wish he would tuck me into bed.  Maybe tomorrow night I'll ask him to...



No comments:

Post a Comment