Monday 9 August 2021

The Peacock 247

 "How so?" I ask.

"First of all", he says, "I'm a guy, or a male of the species.  I have a dick,  "I can pee standing up.  And I am never going to get pregnant.  And chances are, Chris, that neither will you.  I am completely bored, by the way, with all the postmodernist hoopla about gender identity and binary versus non binary and other rhetorical horseshit.  It's really just that I don't happen to care.  I am a binary male, not cis, since I like guys a bit better than girls, but do not call me them, their or they.  There is only one of me present.  He, his and him will do just fine.  But, however..." and here Carl pauses to offer a slow, sly and mischievous grin..."I am more than just a man.  Just as you, Christopher, are more than just a man, just as Carol and Melissa  (and really my little sister has more testerone in her little pinky finger than I have in both my balls), are more than just women, and just like Stella was more than just a man or a woman and likewise your friend, Kenny.  

"Aaron and I have had some rather interesting dialogues around this theme and we both seem to take away a similar experience.  We understand and experience persons as being not simply their assigned gender, but something other.  Something of the spirit, mysterious and very very powerful.  And that is how I experience others, Christopher, and that is how I experience you, Christopher."

"What? As eunuchs?"

"No, I mean something other than gender."

I'm not sure if I comprehend what he is getting at, but I am letting this go for now.  He reaches in the bag for more chocolate chips, then hands it to me.

"Read me a bit more from Kenny's diary", he says.

"Okay, but first tell me a bit more about Stella."


No comments:

Post a Comment