Sunday 8 August 2021

The Peacock 246

 "So then", say I, "Who was the real person underneath the fabrication, Stella?"

"To this day, I don't know. But I still could know that person.  But this seems to be a gift that I have with people.  I seem to have always been able to see and meet the person behind the mask, or the costume, or the disguise, if you will."

"Is there a story there?"  And now we are both laughing.

"I think it's because I love people.  Father Griffin once told me that I seem to be one of the few people in his experience who really has the gift of unconditional love."

"That is a very high compliment.  Do you believe it?"

"I don't know", says Carl.  "But when I see people, when I meet someone for the first time, I often seem to have an awareness of them, an understanding that has nothing really to do, or not much anyway, with the person that they want me to see.  And then I just accept them where they are, because I almost always see in them some kind of beauty."

"So", say I, "Did you see Stella as a man?"

"I didn't see or perceive any sense of gender in her.  But she is no different really from anyone else that way..." 

No comments:

Post a Comment