Wednesday 25 August 2021

The Peacock 263

 There is no one out watering the flower beds this morning and I am glad for this.  I have no interest in having another confrontation with Jeff, or whatever his name is.  The people from the community seem curiously absent this morning, and I wonder if they all know they are about to lose their leader.  There is a kind of tension and sadness in the air today. A foreboding.  Something is about to happen.  I know this.  I can feel it.  And when I feel this way, I am almost never wrong.  But there is comfort in walking among the tulips, then the irises, and the azaleas.  I am continually amazed and impressed that such great care is being taken of this place.  What a hive of eccentricity.  I never would have imagined such a place.  it is still a bit chilly this morning, so I am glad to be wearing a sweatshirt.  Of course I know where I am going.  I haven't yet heard the peacock and I am going to see if I can flush him out.  I wonder what Kenny would make of this place?

So Father Griffin is coming.  This is going to be most interesting, I'm sure.  This is the path that Carl and I finished together the day before yesterday.  So, we cut a path together.  That would be a favourable omen for any new friendship.  It is hard to believe we have only known each other for three days.  More like three years, now, but in these kinds of circumstances close and very tight friendships take form very quickly, but they also almost as often die and every bit as fast.  I do hope Carl and I can go on being friends.  This is so intense.  Last night I actually tucked him into bed then kissed him,  Well, just on the forehead, so not too romantic.  But we really seem to be becoming more like brothers.  Such a beautiful man. 

There are the two stone benches, just up ahead, and to my surprise, there is someone sitting on one  of them. an older man, in his sixties maybe, hunched over.  And he is wearing a white robe!

No comments:

Post a Comment