Friday 13 August 2021

The Peacock 251

 "There were, of course, a few awkward moments.  Mom refused to accept Stella's extended hand, so I just simply said, that she could expect me home whenever.  Then Father Said came skulking into the room, he took one look at my mother, then tried to retreat, but Stella was not going to let him get away with it.  She simply, between a growl and a purr, said to him, 'Ahmed, you don't want a scandal.  Right?'  So, he humbly walked over to my mother and followed her out the door.  And then Stella turned to me and said, 'Carl, it's time to say goodbye.'"

"What was the story with the priest and your Mom?"

"He was her second husband.  My stepfather."

"And he knew you were there?"

"For quite a long time.  We had some interesting chats.  And really, in those last six months, I completely gave up drugs and hooking, both.  I just no longer had the stomach for it."

"I never saw Stella again.  I did return home later that evening.  Ahmed was locked away in his study.  Mom and I agreed that Melissa and I would be leaving the Netherlands a week early to stay here with our dad.  And you already know what happened shortly after..."




No comments:

Post a Comment