Wednesday 11 August 2021

249

 "And who were they?" I ask.

"Figure it out, Sherlock.  Here's a clue.  The mayor was one of them.  And of course Stella was the second who knew."

"And you would be the third one who knew."

"Brilliant deduction, my good man!"

"But what happened after?  Why did you no longer see Stella?"

"Oh, but yes there is a story there, kiddo, is there ever a story there!"  he reaches for the bag again and pulls out some more chocolate chips.  "Want some more?"

"Oh, I don't see why not", and I reach my hand for the bag, pull out a small fistful and pop some of the strong, semi sweet chocolate onto my waiting tongue.

"It just so happened that Mom was back from Switzerland, then one day, I caught her of all places, standing at the front door to Stella's apartment.  She had followed her priest there.  And you should have seen the look on her face when I opened the door for her..."

No comments:

Post a Comment