Monday 31 October 2022

The Peacock 685

 "What did happen today in the garden?" say I.

"Divine visitation.  Nothing else", says Francois.

We are clearly not ready to talk about it.  Right now we are supporting one another following a traumatic, though sublime encounter.

"Read some more?" says Carl.

"Let me", say I, trading Francois the chocolate chips for the diary.

"No chocolate for me?" says Carl with a pout.

"You prefer beer.  Remember?" says Francois, giggling.  "Oh, alright, Brother Carl, you can have some chocolate too."  He hands him the bag.

"October 8.  This looks very interesting."

I am surprised I actually remember this time what happened.  I simply was not expecting to run into him downtown, but there he was, standing in front of the Royal Bank building at Hastings and Granville.  This time he came over to me before the light could change and I could get away.  "Come with me", he said, and strangely and dumbly, I simply obeyed and walked with him as far as Richards Street.  We entered a vintage office building. where we boarded the elevator.  We came out to the top floor, and stepped into an elegantly appointed lobby, with a mezzanine above of other rooms.  It really looked more like the foyer of a grand old mansion, and I had this weird feeling of disorientation.  We walked together up an elegant curving grand staircase...


No comments:

Post a Comment