Saturday 14 October 2023

1030

 "Hi Francois."

"Where are you?"

"What do you mean, where am I".  And now I am laughing.

"It's quarter to eight."

And I glance at my phone screen and sure enough it is 7:47.

"Oh, sorry.  It is late."

"I made a huge stir fry and it should feed us for a couple of days.  Want me to leave some out for you."

"Yes, man, I am starving."

"Any word from Carl.  He's been gone all this time and we don't have each other's contact."

"Wait a minute, i just got a text from him, five minutes ago.  he says, "Chris, I am trying to escape from Wreck Beach. it looks like a butcher shop with all this naked flesh and I have to get out of here.  Someone told me I'm on Trail Six.  How do I get home from here?

"Better call him, right away".

"agreed."

"Carl, it's Christopher.  Where are you right now."

"I am just getting to the top of the trail."

"Don't move from there.  I will be there in fifteen minutes.  Stay there at the trail entrance..."

No comments:

Post a Comment