Thursday 26 October 2023

The Peacock 1042

 "I don't know how I'm going to cope with this.  I already suffer from depression."

"Kid, you have me.  We can talk every day, two or three times a day if you want.  You can phone me any time."

"Did you find me some books?"

"Shit, I forgot.  I'll get right to it before I go to bed tonight, then I'll bring them out for you tomorrow morning.  Do you have the address for me?"

"I'm texting it to you right now."

"Could you bring me also a sketchbook, and some coloured pencils or felts?"

"Surely I can do that for my ex-brother-in-law."

"Friend.  I'm also  your friend.  Aren't I?

"You bet!"

"What's happened to you? You seem... different."

"Different how?

"I don't know.  Happier.  Lighter.  You appear to have this light surrounding you.  Did you meet God or something?"

"In a word...yes"

"Please tell me about it, I have never seen you this way..."

No comments:

Post a Comment