Thursday 12 October 2023

The Peacock 1028

 Yes, I remember.  After Kenny's death, when my father started drinking, then the AA program he enrolled in, and then some friends he met there coming to visit, and soon every week, Wednesday evenings they would gather for prayer in the living room.  A friend he had made at AA was a charismatic Christian, and he introduced Dad to some people from his church, and then one evening they laid their hands on him and he was suddenly weeping with joy and babbling in an unknown tongue and then with my permission they did the same with me and...nothing.  I felt numb.  Then a woman there, a lady in her fifties spoke prophetically over me.  How could I have forgotten?  She said that I had received the gift of the Holy Spirit, but it would lie dormant for some years, some many years until the tree had grown to maturity and the fruit had ripened and then the living waters would flow out.  Or something to that effect.  And never have I felt such joy, never in my life could I have imagined such joy.  I walk now in ecstasy...

No comments:

Post a Comment