Sunday 8 October 2023

The Peacock 1024

 This is where Kenny and I used to go hiking together.  He had a way of making the forest come to life, scientifically and aesthetically.  He knew all the secrets of the plants, the bushes, the mosses and ferns, the complex web of fungi networking among and between the tree roots, its own peculiar worldwide web.  Two men are walking ahead of me with their golden retriever dog.  I am simply not in the mood for people and I am happy to stop and examine this clump of deer ferns on the ground as they move further ahead of me.  I am not worried about being left behind  For me there is no behind, no ahead, no up, no down, I know this place well, this union of dimensions.  When I was in hospital, my last two days, I came into this awareness, and then I knew I was going to be well....

No comments:

Post a Comment