Wednesday 25 October 2023

The Peacock 1041

 I haven't revealed anything to Carl or François about Chuck.  I'm not yet ready to do this, especially given how much I seem to be only just starting to remember.  How could I have forgotten, but I do suffer from bouts of amnesia.  I imagine this encounter today with the Holy Spirit is going to be opening a lot of stuff in me.  Anyway, here I am, back in Dad's bedroom, which maybe one day I will call my own bedroom.  Just like maybe one day I will call this my house?  Maybe it's time to sell and use the equity to help Carl buy that Victorian mansion.  Why am I thinking this right now?  The door is closed anyway, which is good.  I want to have a private conversation with Erik, without anyone eavesdropping, especially Carl.  Later, if appropriate, I will tell him. about my chat with Erik.  Not Chuck.  Not yet anyway.

It is rather nice to lie stretched out on this big bed propped against pillows, but I am getting drowsy, so it's now or never.

"Hi Erik."

"Did I wake you up?"

"No, I was just dozing.

"How are you?"

"Whacked from a super long hike in the Endowment Lands today.  I just ate and now seem to be slipping into a food coma."

"Wish I could go hiking.  Looks like I won't be walking anywhere outside this room for two weeks..."

No comments:

Post a Comment