Friday 20 October 2023

The Peacock 1036

 "You got a history with that beach."

"Yeah, and I'm not telling you right now."

"Ah c'mon Chris.  We don't have secrets."

"About this one we are going to have to be patient."

"Aw!"

And now I do want to change the subject but I'm not sure just how to distract us from talking about Chuck, because it was Chuck I used to see down at Wreck Beach.  not often.  just three times.  But I don't feel ready yet, and Carl is so fucking inquisitive.  And to think, fresh off the baptism of the Spirit I am using that kind of language and recalling one of the most scandalous events of my shadowy past.  But this is going to have to wait.  Only now the memory has been resurrected and now it's going to linger in my face like the walking dead.  And how quickly we forget the joy and blessings of the innocence of God's perfect love....

No comments:

Post a Comment