Saturday 28 October 2023

The Peacock 1044

 "Thanks, I guess.  I feel closer to eighty, what with jetlag and being held prisoner like this."

"It's just for two weeks.  How about Greta?  Any word from her these days?"

"She and Mehmet are separating."

"How come?"

"He doesn't want to share her."

"What do you mean.  He has a rival?"

"Sven was in the scene long before Mehmet arrived, and it looks like Greta is not about to divide her loyalties."

"What a shame."  Though I'm not sure if I really mean it, since I might also be secretly gloating that my ex-wife can't keep her man.

"You can say that again."

"You don't imagine that it would be because he's Turkish?"

"Could be.  I mean with his blond hair and blue eyes and perfect cheekbones he looks more Swedish than Greta and I put together, but there is always that ethnic odour that seems to get in the way.  But, anyway, I believe you are right about us Swedes.  We are mostly closet white supremacists and I am saying this with feelings of profound disgust.

No comments:

Post a Comment