Monday 16 October 2023

The Peacock 1032

 He looks anxious and stressed, and he seems sort of glad to see me as I cross the road to meet him.  Instinctively I open my arms and enfold him in a hug which he timidly accepts.  I feel light and happy and can only see the humour.  He looks like a puppy that has just peed on the carpet.  "Thanks for coming, Chris."

"You wasted no time finding our notorious clothing optional beach.  How did you get there."

"I repeated the walk we took to the forest yesterday, and then I went down to the beach where I just continued walking, and walking and walking.  I never imagined that I would see so many naked people on a single day."

"Was it enjoyable?" say I as we cross the road together and begin our walk home.

"Please don't ask me that question"  Then after a brief silence says, "So you welcome and forgive the prodigal sinner?"

"Sinner?  What did you do"  Did you have sex with anyone?"

"No."

"Did you go naked?"

"For maybe twenty minutes when I sat down on a log to rest, but then it felt weird so I got dressed again."

"Did you get drunk?"

"No."

"Did you take any drugs?"

"No."

"Were you tormented by unclean thoughts?" and now I am giggling.

"Of course I was!"

"Welcome home sinner" , and he offers a timid little smile in response to my unsuppressed giggling...

No comments:

Post a Comment