Sunday 29 October 2023

The Peacock 1045

 So, who is this guy she's with now?  And what about the kid?"

"Max is with Mehmet.  Greta seems to have very little interest in raising her child.  which is just as well because her new, or old, man is a psycho whacko."

"How old is he?"

"Given how long she's known him I'd say he must be getting near sixty.  But you wouldn't know it to look at him.  He's one of those people that never ages."

"Where did she meet him?"

"Years ago at the university.  He was her anthropology professor."

"Lindstrom?"

"Good guess.  How did you know about him?"

"I have my sources."

"Listen, Christopher, I had might as well tell you this right now.  I did not really apply to take my pHd at UBC. Do you know why I really came here?"

"Tell me."

"I had to get away from them both.  It was either that or..."

"You don't have to say more than that right now, Erik, if you're not ready to.  I understand."

"How come do you know about Lindstrom."

"There's a bit of a story.  Can I tell you tomorrow?"

"Okay.  Please.  I think we both have some things to get off our chest."

"I'll call you tomorrow morning around nine, before I head out to deliver you the books."

"And art materials."

"Yes, I have a sketchbook here and some pencil crayons for you to use.  Good night..."

No comments:

Post a Comment