Friday 13 October 2023

The Peacock 1029

 I can't seem to stop walking.  I must have already covered almost every trail in this forest.  The shadows are beginning to lengthen, and the leaves glitter like pieces of emerald dipped in gold.  My legs, my feet, are getting sore.  I am thirsty.  Why did I forget to bring water with me?  I haven't sung in more than an hour,  perhaps two hours, and the silence has been wonderful.  But can I still sing like that?  Will I have forgotten this language?  This must be like that Canadian in Mexico from Aaron's story that he shared with u a few days back, walking and singing beautifully in an unknown tongue.  I have to get in touch with Aaron, see if he will have coffee with me.  He could explain a thing or two.  And, yes, I am singing again, and the language, the words flow, and I haven't a clue what any of them mean.  It sounds perhaps a little like Persian, or Sanskrit.  I don't know, but it has a beautiful sound.  

Back on the campus now and here is the café where I used to work. They are still open, and a table outside would be nice.  I will order a bottle of perrier.  The server is a young man, perhaps Korean, friendly and likeable.  And now to look at my phone again which I haven't turned on since I left the house today.  A text from Francois.  He wants me to call him.  And a text from Carl...

No comments:

Post a Comment