Thursday 18 November 2021

The 344

 We are almost at the house.  "What kind of day are your having right now, where...where you live?"

"It's been a little bit ghastly. I have discovered that I have bedbugs.  Don't worry, I don't think I can transfer other living things here.  Just my own blessed self."

"I had them two years ago.  It took me weeks to get rid of them.  I am sure they came from a secondhand desk that I bought shortly before."

"Mine came from some second hand shirts that I bought.  Or at least I think they did.  My fault, for not sealing them in plastic bags and laundering them right away, I guess.  But with all the fuss with the pandemic, it is easy to get distracted from other urgencies, I guess.  But I caught it early.  Just saw one bug, dead already, I think, tucked far away inside a sky blue pillow case.

"That is one of your smaller pillows", say I ", Isn't it?"

"I suppose.  If you say so."

"And you have one other small pillow, magenta or fuchsia colour.  And three big ones.   One is a really nice spring green colour, the other two are different shades of orange.  They look really nice on top of the Indian bedspread which is sort of a teal with designs and patterns of different shades of blue and gold."

"It's as if you are visiting me in my apartment.  By the way, someone came to my door in order to assure me that someone will be coming in tomorrow to take care of the bugs.  Not bad given that it's a holiday."

"What date is it right now, where you live?"

"August first. BC Day tomorrow which will be Monday.  And now we are home again."

No comments:

Post a Comment