Sunday 7 November 2021

The Peacock 333

 "I took them out a long time ago."

"but we didn't see you do it". says Carl

"Because they are in my apartment.  You might also notice that suddenly I am wearing a different shirt."

"How did that happen, " says Carl.

"Well, I don't want to smell bad, so of course I am going to change my clothes from time to time.  In my apartment of course.  By the way, Carl, have you and Melissa happened to notice that I never seem to sleep in my bedroom in the mansion?"

"Because you spend all your nights in your apartment.  Across the divide", says Carl.  "And we are supposed to believe that you are not bullshitting."

"But how else are you going to explain the magical appearing and disappearing earplugs, or the shirt that suddenly changes itself."

"So, how are we supposed to explain it?" says Sarah.

"You could start by trying to explain what is exactly meant by the creative imagination", says Aaron.

"Why, it's how we make things up?" asks Sarah.

"But where does it all come from."

"Out of our heads?"

"Like the goddess Athena suddenly sprang out of the head of her father Zeus."

"I see you know your Greek mythology", says Aaron.

"And I understand she gave him one whopping headache..."

No comments:

Post a Comment