Tuesday 2 November 2021

The Peacock 329

 "This is really nuts," says Jesús.

"Are you serious?" says Sarah.  "You really believe that you are writing us?"

"I am writing all of you.  Right here on my pesky little laptop that makes the letters jump all over the page."

Carl says, "So you can write whatever you like about us.  We are your own special creation.  Like you are God."

"Oh, hardly.  I'm just a scribe.  You guys all do and say what you want.  I'm just the fly on the wall, recording for posterity."

"And nothing else?" I say.  "how can you possibly be in two places at once, where within twenty minutes or so another full day has already passed where you live?  Quantum mechanics?"

"Or it could be magic, for all I know, or care, and right now I am about to get another tiny piece of the Scottish cheese.  I think that if they sprinkled a lot of  this on top of a haggis and broiled it at a high temperature, the haggis might be palatable.

"Haggis melt", says Tommy.  "I love it.  maybe with bean sprouts and extra soy sauce."

Everyone is laughing.

"Have you cut the cheese yet?" Sarah says.

"Wait a sec'.... yes, it´s in my mouth now.  but, Carl was going to tell us all about his meeting with Dan Savage..."

No comments:

Post a Comment