Friday 5 November 2021

The Peacock 331

 "Okay, but give me a minute to organize my thoughts.  My neighbour in the apartment upstairs has been skipping around the last three hours like a happy elephant high on meth, and maybe she is, but this is maddening."

"Does it happen often?" asks Sarah.

"She goes through periods.  Lately she's been more of a pain than usual, but then she settles down for a few days.  I think it's drugs or mental illness or both in her case.," says Aaron.

"How long have you been wearing those earplugs?" says Carl.

"I just put them in."

"But you can still hear us okay", say I.

"That's because they are only effective on my side of the divide between us, but some things are going to overlap."

"You still want us to believe that you are at home in your apartment and you are writing us", says Carl.

"Well, because I am."

"Wait a minute",he says.  "Where you are, right now, what date is it?"

"Thursday, 15 July, 2021."

"Here it is Wednesday, May 5, 2021.  "When did you start writing us?"

"December 16 2020.  I told you that time is different between our two dimensions."

"But everything is also so similar.  How can this be", asks Jesús.

"Quantum mechanics", says Sarah.  "Has another day since passed for you?"

"Yes, and I just had some cheese.  Strong cheddar from Isle of Man."

No comments:

Post a Comment