Saturday 6 November 2021

The Peacock 332

 "Is there also an isle of Woman", says Carl sardonically.

"How about isle of Persons", says Sarah indifferently.

"In Mexico there is an Isla Mujeres, or Island of Women", says Jesús.

"I was there once", says Sarah.  "Tourist Trap."

"So what are you doing right now, Aaron?" asks Carl.

"I'm sucking on some semi sweet chocolate chips with a glass of milk."

"What day is it now?" I ask.

"Friday.  Another day has past."

"So fifteen minutes here is twenty-four hours where you live?"

"and sometimes vice-versa."  Aaron looks carefully at all of us, then adds, "You know, you don't have to believe me...Not if you don't want to."

"Dude", says Carl, "You don't have to worry about  a blessed thing.  You know some of the weird shit that already goes on where we live.  I'm giving you the full benefit of the doubt.  hey, what happened to your earplugs..."

No comments:

Post a Comment