Tuesday 9 November 2021

The Peacock 334

 "I suppose you are all familiar with the Collective Unconscious", Aaron says.

"Basic Jung", says Carl.

"Well, it seems to be more complex than being a mere repository of all the millennia of human experience and knowledge.  There would appear to be an incredibly complex network or web of which the electronic worldwide web is but a pale and amateurish imitation."

"And that's where you get your ideas?" Sarah asks.  "and that is where we all really live, and then you just dip in from time to time and write something down about us?"

"Except for one minor little detail."

"Which is?" say I.

"Quite simply that whatever dimension that I happen to be living in, well, there just might be someone from your side of the fence writing about me or someone else, or maybe in an entirely different dimension, but we are all so similar as to be almost completely identical."

"How much acid did you take when you were a kid", asks Carl.

"Enough."

"You can say that again" retorts Carl, "And by the way, I think I'll be safe behind the steering wheel now,."

"Time to go?" says-asks Sarah.

"If nobody else minds" say I, "I'm going to go get my car out of parking and drive back alone."

"Afraid you won't otherwise get back alive?" says Carl.

"No", say I, "but now that both Robert and Douglas have been despatched of, I think I should be allowed to drive in my own car again."

"Mind if I come with you?"  Aaron says.

"Of course., come."

No comments:

Post a Comment