Saturday 13 November 2021

The Peacock 338

 "And where do you fit in all this, Aaron?  How can you cope, living between two different worlds."

"It wouldn't be easy, but for the fact that I truly live in the one, and simply, through my imagination, visit the rest of you in this one.  Right now, I am really at home in my apartment, in front of my laptop, not having a clue what I am going to write next."

"What would be the chances of me writing you?"

"Maybe you are.  Maybe we're writing each other.  Or rather, we are all being written, and simply we are transcribing what is already there.  We are simply documenting."

On my left, I notice a small break in the trees, and something strangely familiar.  I slow the car for a closer look." 

"What is it?" asks Aaron.

"That clearing, with the shack in the middle.  I was there today, this morning." I stop the car at the side of the road.

"It looks like a cabin.  Did you go inside?"

"Almost.  But the whole area felt really creepy, and I really felt unwell from going there.  When I returned to the house, on the verandah, Carl performed a rite of exorcism on me, and I felt better."

"He performs exorcisms, you say", muses Aaron.  "Well, that will explain a thing or two."

"Such as..."

"Why he just got drunk."

"You mean..."

"He was probably still in an exalted state, I could actually see it all over him, and the alcohol was to ground him somehow."

"Yes, that does make sense..."


No comments:

Post a Comment