Saturday 20 November 2021

The Peacock 347

 "We stopped at the cabin", say I.

He looks at us dumbfounded, then feebly croaks, "After I expressly told you not to return there?"

"What happened?" Aaron asks.

"Melissa replies, "We were just beginning to make headway here with negotiations, then, in the last twenty minutes, everything started to go sideways."

"When you both went to the cabin", Carl sputters.

Carol says, "I don't think it's going to be that bad.  We suddenly all began to quarrel about how we were to constitute ourselves as a unified household, and the others decided to just leave it for now and continue doing their own thing.  Jeff and George alone have defected to us.  Like François, and the ladies.   It would appear that here, in this magnificent house, the Berlin Wall has just been rebuilt."

Aaron says, "Carl, Melissa, I will not lie to you.  Christopher and I both went into the cabin, under the Lord's protection.  I am so sorry that it resulted in this huge spiritual siege.  But I think you both might be  interested in what we found there.  He approaches Carl and hands him both the watch and the envelope with the photos.

"Carl receives the watch and the envelope in his hand, takes one look at them and whispers, "Oh my God!"

No comments:

Post a Comment