Saturday 27 November 2021

The Peacock 354

 "For example", continues Aaron, "A few years ago a I had a dream about a doctor in Mexico.  I knew nothing about her, at the time, but I was in this dream visiting a clinic in the desert in rural Mexico.  I think in the Sonora dessert.  She was wearing a white lab coat, looked exhausted.  An older woman, around my age, I'd say.  And we were conversing in Spanish.  It was suggested I should return at around three thirty in the afternoon  Then it was just around eleven-thirty.  She told me her name.  It was Juanita Jiménez.  So, the next day, I looked her up on the internet.  In less than five minutes, there she was on YouTube, giving an address about care delivery in the city of Aguascalientes in Mexico.  Same woman, same face, same voice, same accent of Spanish."

"She also happens to be my aunt", says I.  "My mother's sister.  That is truly amazing."

"Are you in touch with her?" asks Aaron.

"We haven't communicated in a few years.  But, now I think I should reopen the channels with her."

"That is truly amazing", says Carl.

"But not at all surprising" says Melissa.   "By the way, Carl, what's this I heard about you getting drunk today?  I can still smell it on you."

No comments:

Post a Comment