Tuesday 8 February 2022

The Peacock 421

 "That is downright creepy", says Carl

"I could look for more entries."

"I think it's rather late", says Francois.

"Oh my God," says Carl, looking at the clock radio.  "it's already past 11.  Franois, come with us for lunch tomorrow.  Please."

"I would be delighted", says Francois.  "At what time?"

"Whenever I can get away from my darling little sister.  She is the one who really runs this place, eh?"

"Why not invite her along?" says Francois.

"What!  Are you serious?"

"Don´t you think she'd be delighted to come?"

Say I, "I think the diner is Carl's refuge...from everything."

"Especially from your sister?" says Francois, grinning.  "If you don't mind, tomorrow, I am going to ask her to come with us."

"Oh, if you insist", says Carl.  "There should be room for her in the trunk..."


No comments:

Post a Comment