Monday 7 February 2022

The Peacock 420

 What was that about?" asks Carl.

"Do you know something about this?" says Francois.

"Nothing.  He never mentioned this person."

"What´s in the next entry?"

"It's the following day.  Let's see.  This is interesting.  

"I saw him again today.  He followed me.  All the way through Stanley Park.  It started in the trails, he appeared at first to be lingering, looking for someone to pick up, then he began walking behind me.  not far, about a hundred feet.  Always adjusting his pace to mine.  I'd speed up.  So would he.  I would slow down.  So would he.  I would stop.  So would he.  This went on for an hour.  Finally, near the aquarium, I turned around and approached him.  He was very well dressed, in beige slacks and a peacock blue dress shirt.   He stood in front of me, just three feet away.  I was going to confront him.  To ask him why was he following me.  To get his name.  To insult him, but I was speechless.  He looked at me and smiled, in a way that was both warm and ironical.  and said nothing.  And I couldn't speak.  I stood there, staring stupidly at this incredibly handsome, beautifully dressed stranger, unable to speak.  He smiled again, then walked away in the other direction...

No comments:

Post a Comment