Sunday 27 February 2022

The Peacock 440

 "Delicious", says Jesús, after pouring some of the Dutch syrup on his pannekoek and tasting it, but with caution, as though testing for poison.

"It reminds me a little bit of Arequipe."

"Which is?" Carol says."

"In Mexico", says Jeff, "They call it dulce de leche and it is delicious but super rich.  Best to have only a little bit.  I tried it once in Puerta Vallarta."

"When were you in Puerta Vallarta?" says George, as though challenging him.

"Years ago, before I entered seminary."

"You never told me"

"There's lots I haven't told you.  I have secrets that will be going with me to the crematorium.  "Say, Aaron, you've been down there a lot.  Ever visit Puerta Vallarta?

"I understand it's infested with Gringos.  I've spent most of my time down there in Mexico City."

"And Colombia", says Jesús, smiling.

"And in Costa Rica.  I was just there recently."

No comments:

Post a Comment